- How the Mighty Fall presents the well-founded hope that leaders can learn how to stave off decline and, if they find themselves falling, at what stage they are in, do the necessary to reverse their course – in part by understanding and learning the 5 stages of decline uncovered in the four year research project behind the book.
- Every institution, no matter how great, is vulnerable to decline. Anyone can fall, and most eventually do. But decline, it turns out, is largely self-inflicted, and the path to recovery lies largely within our own hands. We are not imprisoned by our circumstances, our history, or even our staggering defeat along the way. As long as we never get entirely knocked out of the game, hope always remain. The mighty can fall, but they can often rise again.
- The approach is to examine the once-great companies to answer two important questions:
- Why the company once done well had fallen and
- What factor leading up to the point at which decline becomes visible.
- Download Book Chapter Summary